Friday, February 25, 2011

Studio Soundtrack...

I've been busily working on lots of projects that all seem to have the same deadline – the next few days. I sometimes wonder if there's a special alignment of the planets that make various days more popular for the Powers that Be to pile up the due dates. It's a mystery. I try not to think about it too hard, but just work on trying to get as much done as possible. As a result, I've been putting on the dark coffee and been turning up the music.


Below are some of the songs on my playlist:

Cross Bones Style, Cat Power
Dr. C, Alias & Tarsier
Untitled 4, Sigur Ros
Werewolf, CocoRosie
Come Rain Or Come Shine, Billie Holiday
To Be Alone With You, Sufjan Stevens
Faking The Books, Lali Puna
Runaway, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Rainbowarrirors, CocoRosie
Remember Me As A Time of Day, Explosions in the Sky
Sweet And Tender Hooligan, Nouvelle Vague
Mad World, Gary Jules
Point of Disgust, Low
Each Coming Night, Iron & Wine
Fade Into You, Mazzy Star
Slow Moves, Jose Gonzalez
Blue Skies, Lady & Bird

7 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

Hope it works! :) Love Billie Holiday.

Michelle Mach said...

Deadline convergence! I just had one of those. Good luck!

somethingunique said...

Well i thought i was up early!Our taste in music is vastly different but i'm in for the coffee! lol .I have your sisters book(Enchanted Adornments) & i refer to it often,very unique what a creative family. :)

Indian Creek Studios said...

Andrew, our taste in music is almost identical! We would get along so well as studio mates ;-)
On your recomendation I checked out CocoRosie and was instantly hooked, added the sisters to my Pandora station
pam

Heather said...

I would love to hear that list- have you thought about adding a player to your site?
I love what music does for me when I am in the Creative Zone. Helps me to transition into the "Other World" and be open to all that inspiration. Glad you are back at it full swing!

Andrew Thornton said...

I love all kinds of music, especially while I'm working. I'm thinking about doing a weekly music posting of my studio soundtrack. We'll see.

jamberry_song said...

Beautiful collection. :) Have you ever heard "If I Laugh" by Cat Stevens? Seems like something you would like.