Saturday, December 22, 2007

CEAS at Lotus...


Above: (Left) The line to get in on a Friday night outside of the posh Meatpacking district club, Lotus. (Right) My friend and fellow artist, Francesca.

My friend, Essye Klempner is collaborating with a group of her friends on creating a social club for artists called: CEAS (Creative, Eccentric Artists' Symposium). The goal of the CEAS is to create an environment for artists of various media and types to meet and interact. The first event was held at Lotus. With a dropping of a few names, the long line was easily by-passed and entrance to the crowded downstairs was admitted. The music was loud and the crowd, young and hip. I was tired and wore out. So, after a few hellos and a couple of walks around the venue, I called it an early evening. It was good to touch bases with a few friends that I haven't seen in a while.

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

this lotus place looked very hip. I wish I drank, ate meat and fish, were 25 years younger...let's see. anything else? nah. Actually I don't wish I did any of these things but I certainly had fun watching all the curlng flowers entwine gracefully all over the flash animation.

I am not hard to please on Christmas day eve!

Merry Christmas, Andrew! Hope you had a great day!

Andrew Thornton said...

That Lotus place was very hip! Too hip for me, that's for sure. I'm not quite as savvy as I used to be. I felt like a fish out of water.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas and that you had a wonderful day as well.