Monday, April 09, 2007

Brooklyn Sunrise...

I got up extremely early this morning and decided to go up on the roof (still in my PJs) to document the neighborhood skyline at sunrise.

Right: Here is the top of an old building that I absolutely adore. Everytime I walk by it, I think of what a nice building it must be to live in.


Left: A view of Manhattan with the early morning light reflecting off some of the buildings.




Right: In immediate foreground is a new luxury condo building that they just built, in the midground is the Williamsburg Bridge and in the far background is the lower portion of Manhattan.

10 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

These photos are very beautiful including the one at night, below. thank you for posting them.

Julia Kelly said...

Too cool- to see morning in New York~ Thank you!
You have inspired me~I might have to show "morning" from my "corner of the world" tomorrow-
and thanks for the nice comments on my IF "green".
I also as a kid would get scraps and needles- often think that time got me here more then my years at art school.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo work. It is very nice to see brooklyn looking so pretty. Great colors.

Kristin said...

hi there. thanks for the comment. I am not a frequent blogger but I do hope to address your questions about the correlation between faith & art in future posts.

but to address your question more directly for now, I do find it important for folks to know about my faith when they view my art. I do not find my identity in my artistic gifts, but rather, I find my indentity in my salvation in Jesus Christ ... He has brought purpose, meaning and hope to my life. because of this, I hope to use my creative gifts to shed light on who God is and who I am in Him. so, yes, I think that faith and art are related; even if pictures aren't overtly "Christian" in nature.

Unknown said...

WOW!! Beautiful photos!!

Sunrise TheSea said...

Awwww, I miss New York!! And you, of course ;)

steve said...

Great shots! Thanks for sharing the view!

HARDWAX said...

I like the photos, especially the second, with the sun like golden fire reflecting on the buildings.

Andrew Thornton said...

Being a nightowl, the sunrise is usually one of the last things that I see before I go to bed. Sunrises are a nice image to sleep to, they fill your dreams with color and a vibrant intensity.

-N- said...

Great photos- love the lighting!