Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Life Path...

I can remember times in my life when I felt like a ship at sea during a turbulent storm, no safe harbor or anchor.  I was adrift, rocking with the waves.  Lost.  Lonely.  Languid.

This is not one of those times.  It's hard to describe the overwhelming feeling of steadfast resolution welling up in my chest.  It is a mix of exhilaration and purpose.  It's the feeling of starting a new adventure and building something.  This is the feeling of finding a mark and letting loose an arrow and eagerly anticipating the moment of connection.  Inspirational.  Invigorating.  Illuminating.

When I was driving home after working on the new shop, I saw a ray of sunshine pierce the clouds.  Whether or not it was some kind of divine confirmation, I'll never know for sure.  But in that moment, as I saw the light breakthrough and move over the hills and across the canopy of trees in my direction, that feeling, effervescent and light, became solid.  The bowstring was pulled back.  My heart was taunt with anticipation.  Freeing.  Fateful.  Fulfilling.

It's dark now.  The sun has set.  Those clouds have long since moved on.  The moment has passed, but that feeling has stayed.  It remains.  Seeing the ray of light, just when I did, was a verification that this was the path I was meant to take. Evident.  Emerging.  Engaging.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

So poignant and touching. I feel your energy swelling and raising you up. You make your own path, Andrew, and it is a glorious one. Enjoy the day. Erin

Bluefinch said...

Absolutely amazing post! I am so happy that you are finding your way. You are a very talented and generous person, a beautiful soul...
XO
Rachel

https://pattimillerbeads.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh, where is the darn 'like' button!