Thursday, May 29, 2014

Drawing Brooches...

I did a few drawings.  Then I cut out some sheet metal and soldered a pin-back on.  Once I had the base of the brooches ready, I transferred the drawings onto the pieces with liquid polymer clay.  I then covered everything with a coat of resin.  When the resin had cured fully, I gave the brooches a good sanding and did a little bit of staining with alcohol inks.

These are early prototypes.  I have more ideas of how to incorporate my drawings into my jewelry and hope to do so in the future.

3 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful. It's so nice to see these two aspects of your art combined. Each piece will be truly unique.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

gorgeous. Lots of depth in those and great appeal. thanks for the entry it is lovely, Andrew.

jean

luluvision said...

Love these! They are beautiful!