Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 16...

To celebrate the 16th Day of National Craft Month, the prompt for the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to create a wrap bracelet.

I've made these type of bracelets in the past, but it has been awhile.  I had to play around a bit before things started coming back to me.  For this bracelet, I wanted to use a NEW fine pewter, arrow button from my family at Green Girl Studios.  It's perfect for a button closure.  For the rest of the bracelet, I wanted a fresh, springy palette.  So, I went with a pale, minty green leather cord, matte antique rose seed beads with a gold luster, and white pearl Tila beads with an AB finish.  The Japanese seed beads and leather are from the shop.  I didn't want to hide the stitches and wanted to incorporate them as a design element, so I used a smoke-colored braided micro-monofiliment.

Once the technique came back, I could have easily made this several times longer, but I've been super busy and didn't have time for too big of a project.  So I made the wrap bracelet go once around.  

Someone recently asked me when I had time to participate in this month-long challenge.  And truthfully, I don't have time, but it is such a wonderful creative exercise that I've made time.  Sometimes it's only a few minutes here and there, but I've found that the process has been very rewarding.  For some of the more complicated projects, I try to start them a few days in advance and that helps me keep on track.  To view the entire calendar, CLICK HERE.

No comments: