Sunday, March 09, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 9...

The challenge for Day 9 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge was to create a piece of jewelry with my new favorite Swarovski crystal color.

Once I heard about the NEW Iridescent Green color, I knew that I had to get my hands on it.  I was smitten with the idea of absinthe and the Green Fairy.  The Iridescent Green reminds me a lot of the Bronze Shade color.  The green is very subtle in this shape.  I ordered some Iridescent Green 8mm Swarovski Crystal Rounds.  I combined them with some Bright Gold Swarovski crystal pearls in a pair of wire-wrapped earrings.  The earrings are pretty simple.  I used balled headpins and tiny, frilly bead caps to add a few interesting details.

There's still many challenges to come!  CLICK HERE for the complete calendar of creative exercises.

No comments: