Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 5...


The challenge for Day 5 was to use your favorite chain in a design.  I decided that since I was going to be doing a chain design to use LOTS of chain.

I used probably five or six different kinds of copper chain.  I pieced everything together with little faceted fire-polished Czech glass rondelles.  To pull everything together, I used a copper Bali toggle.

The design is simple, but it has a lot of texture and can be worn a bunch of different ways.  It can be worn with the clasp in the front or off to the side, if one wished.  Also, this necklace makes for a great foundation piece that's perfect to add a pendant to or layer with another piece.

There's plenty of prompts left to celebrate National Craft Month!  CLICK HERE for the full calendar.

No comments: