Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Somebody Loved...

I've been a little blue and mightily frustrated lately.  There are a lot of contributing factors, but I've tried to make a mental shift to focus on the positive and acknowledge gratitude in my everyday.  It has helped, but there are lingering traces.

Noticing that I've been battling some winter demons, William surprised me with a gift!  He got me three bronze buttons from Anne Choi!  We've been trying to conserve funds and I put on a show about how we need to be responsible and how gifts for no reason were not the picture of frugality.  I couldn't keep a straight face though.  I kept grinning!  I was beaming with happiness and eventually, I stopped protesting too much and sat there, admiring my new treasures and smiled like a silly clown doll.

He said, "See... it was worth every penny."

11 comments:

A Polymer Penchant said...

Smart and right - good man. I love receiving those types of gifts too, unexpected, a tad frivolous and just perfect. Even better when you can be the giver, I love that moment when you find the perfect thing and in your excitement you forget to breathe out.

Joan Tucker said...

William is a charming and very smart fellow
and you are blessed to have him in your life.Having a magical partner who really knows you is one of the great joys in life.
I have one and am grateful everyday.
Enjoy your Anne Choi lovelies they are lucky and will bring more magic your way. Joan T (and Lana W)

Andrew Thornton said...

Joan, I am blessed and very lucky! It's a beautiful thing to be somebody loved.

Linda said...

They are gorgeous! Gifts are all the more special when they are unexpected and given "just because". Hope your moods lift as spring starts to show its sunny face.

Jenny said...

Heavens, what a lovely gift from a lovely thoughtful partner. That was the happy all-is-well-in-the-world story I needed to start the day. Thank you for sharing that!

Diana P. said...

I told you he's a keeper! And he clearly has good bead taste.

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

Indeed, worth every penny ... well done William. Hoping the sun is returning up your way. It's return here has been spirit lifting and energizing ... it's the little things and maybe a couple of exquisite pieces of bronze.
xo

Spirited Earth said...

very sweet..and of course the bronze pieces are fabulous

TesoriTrovati said...

That just melts my heart, Andrew! A keeper is what William is! I can't wait to see how these special treasures inspire you! Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

How Beautiful! William is wonderful.

This all reminds me of an older post...something about how money can't buy love, but if it could, it would come from Anne Choi's shop...? lol!! ;)

moonlitfantaseas said...

how sweet is that? you are a lucky man to have such a thoughtful partner! My daughter is lucky in the same way, her partner Jillian, is always on the hunt to find just the right treasure to please Sarah, I am constantly telling her she is very lucky and very spoiled! And very much loved which is the most important thing! Enjoy your treasures....both the Ann Choi and your wonderful William!