Monday, April 08, 2013

Hellebore Update...

I was worried that the hellebores wouldn't survive and thrive as well as they did due to the winter lasting as long as it did.  I was particularly worried about the black death.  A few weeks ago, I aggressively cut back last year's growth and pruned all the dead leaves.  I probably did it too early, but they seem to be doing well now!  The flowers are gorgeous and the healthy, new leaves are filling in.

Below are some images that I took of my various hellebores:








5 comments:

BluMoon said...

I love Hellebores! They are the only flower that has been blooming in my garden for a number of weeks even with the bitter North East winds, you have inspired me to take a few photos I shall go out today and take some for my blog.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Love these photos, Andrew! Really beautiful colors!

TesoriTrovati said...

I have never seen a flower like that! I love it! The colors are so rich. Thank you for sharing this touch of spring. I woke up to snow today so it is a welcome sight! Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I just love your botanical macros... thank you.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I just love your botanical macros... thank you.