Friday, April 19, 2013

Grow and Glow...

With green slowly seeping back into the landscape and spring finally taking root, I've been in a very earthy mood.  After a long winter, all I want to do is just take walks and look at the newly awakened vegetation and all the growing greenery.

With flowers on the brain, I decided to make these polymer clay pendants with floral motifs transferred on them.  The color of the clay reminds me of bone or a bleached wood or ivory.  I used images of old woodcut prints from a copyright free Dover book.  I really like how clean and crisp the transfers turned out.
 
The coolest part happens when you turn the lights off.  I used a glow-in-the-dark polymer clay mixed with a translucent clay and pendants are quite luminous in the dark.

I'm probably going to use these in the new window display.

2 comments:

somethingunique said...

Very cool....

Unknown said...

fabulous