Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Stillness...

Time has been slipping by so quickly.  They say that Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer; it has come and gone and we're headed straight towards the official start of autumn with no signs of slowing down.

This is a busy time of year.  I have a list of things that I should be doing... a list of things that I need to do.  But I took a few moments today to stop and enjoy a short reprieve.  I know it's cliche to "stop and smell the roses"... but that's exactly what I did.  Instead of  "roses" though, I took time to admire the hydrangea, dahlias, and toad lilies.  The love of plants is a worthy passion that I do not get to indulge often enough.

Things are moving so quickly, it's easy to loose footing and be swept up.  It's hard to stand still and be present and just appreciate the moment.
I can't complain though.  My life is a blur, because of this incredible energy and forward momentum.  I really am blessed to have everything falling into place.  I have to remind myself of just how fortunate I am to be living a creative life and being able to share that with others and hopefully spark inspiration elsewhere.  It's a gift.
The stillness affords time to reflect.  It gives the opportunity to be grateful and not merely "do".  Looking at the blossoms, I am reminded how short a season we all have.  Soon those bright colors will fade and fall to the ground.  We must relish what we have while we have it.

1 comment:

Gina Chalfant said...

You are so wise to stop and be in the moment, Andrew. It is inspiring to see you taking the steps to live your dream. Your hard work is moving you toward it in stead of just thinking about it. It is a joy to watch your wings grow and see you so happy.