Monday, September 03, 2012

Meet Appa...

Yip yip!  This is Appa, our new car.  Originally we were going to name it "Prim" as a sort of abbreviation of "persimmon".  (The picture makes it look red, but it's actually a coppery orange color like a persimmon.)  But the name didn't stick and instead we named it after a sky bison in (the animated series) Avatar.  I think we might need a fuzzy white steering wheel cover or some horns or an arrow decal!

Our other car needs some much needed rest and relaxation... aka getting the gas tank replaced, body work done, new fuel filter, new tires, new muffler... etc.  So Appa's arrival comes at a good time!

Driving Appa is kind of weird.  I'm not used to driving around in a car this new.  I feel like that driver in that commercial (for what, I can't remember now) where they are in a parking lot and the shopping carts are all out to get the car and are swarming it and trying to ding it up; the driver has to do some fast-action moves to avoid getting damaged and narrowly escapes.  It's also a different experience, because I'm not in a constant state of paranoid prayer... willing with the power of my mind and hoping that the car won't break down or the tires won't catch on fire or that it'll make it up a hill without dying on the side of the road.

I'm excited to see all the places that we'll go.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love that you named you car after the sky bison! After watching the Avatar, I thought it would be wonderful to have such a wonderful pet/ride!

Ann
mycriticaleye.com

Unknown said...

Wow what a nice post.I am felling glad on this post.Can you more share at here.I will come back as soon.



Thanks for more info.....






Wholesale Sterling Silver Findings
Wholesale Sterling Silver Findings
Wholesale Sterling Silver Findings

Dewey Setlak said...

Congratulations on your new car! I think “Appa” is a great name! It’s catchy and a kind of surreptitious wink to those people who know where it’s from! I think it would be pretty cool if you could put the blue arrow of the Benders from the cartoon somewhere, maybe running from the roof to the hood, excluding the windshield of course!

Dewey Setlak