Sunday, April 08, 2012

An Update...

Since my last post, I received several informative and reassuring emails.  I have since informed the Port Townsend police of how we found human remains and forwarded the photos along with any information that I thought pertinent to their investigations.  It's hard to say what will happen now.  Apparently high-tide has come and gone and the picnic table was barren – meaning that an animal or person has already disposed of the evidence.  I feel as though North Beach has many more mysteries, still yet to be discovered and only the tide and time will fully reveal them.

An expert on bones contacted me and informed me that all of the bones were indeed human.  The jawbone belonging to a male between the ages of 30 and 60.  It was buried at one time (possibly in the bluff lining the beach).  It could date back to the 1500's and might belong to a Native American.

I was also informed that the depiction of human remains violates certain ethics and human rights issues that I was unaware of.  And although posted respectfully, I have decided to remove the images.

3 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Wow. It's an interesting mystery. I'm tuning in a bit late, I will go, read the other post now.

dogfaeriex5 said...

Wow interesting mystery at that. You were very respectful with what you found. The problem now is whoever took it with have bad karma.. For shame.... Thank you for sharing your update.

Shai Williams said...

Wow. I hadn't heard anything about this. And I live about an hour from Port Townsend. Off to check it out.