Monday, April 23, 2012

Hunkered Down...

I'm still catching up from my time away.  Most days are spent at the store and trying to set down more roots and establish Allegory Gallery within the community.  Sometimes it seems like I blink and it's 11:30 at night and I'm still at the store.  I tell myself when I'm tired that it'll all pay off.

When I'm not at the gallery, I've felt an antisocial twitch.  I've cooked rich comfort foods, taken long walks in the woods alone, and have taken to cuddling with the cats as much as earthly possible.  They are usually very agreeable, but occasionally they make perches at the tops of the cabinets so that they can overview everything at a safe distance.

When I'm weary of trying to lure the cats to snuggle, I try to work at home.  My work plans have been a bit derailed with my kiln not working.  I'm slowly finding alternative plans until I can afford to take the kiln in to get it looked at.  I'm not mechanically minded or a tinkerer and am afraid that if I mess around with it too much, I might damage it further.  Perhaps I'll make some polymer pendants?  Or do something with resin?  Anything really to keep the funds still coming in.  Once the kiln is fixed, I've got big plans.  I will continue my porcelain experiments and press out some new metal clay designs.  I have some interesting ideas that I'd like to try out.

It seems like I'm hunkering down until all possibilities of winter are gone and it's truly a warmer season.

2 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Hunkering down is often a good thing and what you need if that's how you feel. Lord knows, I've done enough hunkering down lately and it feels quite good. Love your cat on the top of the shelf. Reminds my of my old Walter who spent his indoor life on top of a wardrobe. People didn't even know we had a cat because he just observed life from on high!

What are your kiln problems? If there is anything I can do let me know. Even if it's just bouncing ideas.

Sharon Driscoll said...

Oh My - Your cat looks like our Boots. We have two ferals who visit. Finally I have made friends and can pet them, but not before we were "with kittens". I now have 5 babes in the garage - I also have an arrangement to spay ASAP now that I can get close. Also working my knuckles off finding good homes before they are weaned. We're all hunkering down with something in this weather. I'm considering it a "re-spring" (smile - name it and tame it!).