Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out Now...

If you're not buried in snow, I recommend making your way out to your local bookstore. Two magazines from Interweave Press have just hit the stands that are hot, hot, HOT! They'll surely heat up your winter reading list with a bevy of jewelry-design goodness! (If you are buried in snow, might I suggest the Interweave Store online?)

The winter issue of Stringing magazine just came out and it's a thing of beauty. It's full of art beads and helpful resources. There are so many inspirational designs; I'm particularly fond of the Steampunk-inspired pieces and the ones featuring jewel-toned components. CLICK HERE to check it out. Be on the look out for a couple of my bracelet and earring designs that are featured in the magazine.

Another fun magazine that's out now, full of prize-winning designs is Bead Star! This year's Grand Prize winner is Erin Strother. CLICK HERE to check out an entertaining exclusive interview Erin had with fellow Bead Star winner, Denise Yezbak Moore. To find out more about the magazine and to get your own copy, CLICK HERE. I was fortunate enough to land 3rd place in the crystal category with a piece called, "Breaking Dawn".

6 comments:

jamberry_song said...

Congratulations on third place! That's exciting. :) I've never heard of "Bead Star," but it sounds like a fun magazine. Also sounds like it showcases really good quality projects. Will definitely have to look for that one. I got my copy of "Stringing" a few weeks ago; it's brilliant, lots of beautiful colors. If I remember correctly, you have a few designs in there yourself, don't you? :)

Erin S said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Andrew. So happy to see one of your pieces is a winner! I'm still waiting for my copy to come in the mail--can't wait to see all the winning designs!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Andrew! I will definitely try to get my hands on bead star over here in the uk. I ordered my copy of stringing this morn. Just love the blue necklace on the cover, stunning! I will look out for yours too, as alwAys.

TesoriTrovati said...

Aren't these two publications just gorgeous? I just received my Bead Star today. I waited until my daughter, Tiny Dancer and I could open it together. She was beaming from ear to ear with pride at what was said about our design.

Congratulations on the Bead Star win! And the Soft Flex, too! Very impressive!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Courtney Breul said...

Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!! Your necklace is beautiful.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Yay Andrew!

jean