Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day Two...

Another busy day here in Tucson! However, I did get a few minutes to walk around and pick up some goodies. I got to stop at Kelly Russell's booth and picked up two of her PMC creations. I also stopped at The Odyssey & Bead Expression for some nice niobium earwires and to chat with Marti Brown. It was nice to visit with some of my bead-show buddies who I haven't seen in a long time.

After our show closed, we went over to our other location at the Best Bead Show for the late night. I got to see Candice Wakumoto and her husband Paul and talk with Alethia Donathan for a bit. I also got some really awesome cast findings from Candice. I love them!

When we finally went back to the house, we went out for Indian food. Since the show closed so late, it was hard to find a place that was open. Luckily we found a place that was both open and delicious!

Left: Here's a quick picture that I took of Candice Wakumoto and her husband Paul at their booth at the Best Bead Show. Candice has won several awards for both her lovely jewelry design and masterful PMC sculptural jewelry components.

Left: Here's Alethia Donathan behind her booth. She's got some lovely beads that she makes out of glass. Alethia is one of the owners of a bead shop out in Hawaii and teaches beading to a group of advanced high school students. She and Candice bring me goodies from from Hawaii! I love them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew what a Love you are to let us see a Glimpse of the show. Bless you. I am going to see about going there next year! After all my locations not that far from there. Huggs and more huggs
Janet xx

Andrew Thornton said...

Oh, it's my pleasure! I love sharing my experiences. The shows are so much fun!

You should definitely try to come out. It'd be nice to meet you in person.