Thursday, March 05, 2015

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 5

For Day 5 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge, we were asked to capture colorful beads in a wrapped cord bracelet.  While I had good intentions of creating a lengthy multi-wrap bracelet, after a few rows, I opted for a speedier, once around version.  In the bracelet, I used a size 8/o seed bead mix that I made in pale purples, pinks, and golds.  The colors remind me of breezy, Pre-Raphaelite paintings of winged angels.  I paired the mix with a lavender-colored leather and used a fine pewter tree button from my family at Green Girl Studios to close it up.

There's still plenty of time to join in on the fun to celebrate National Craft Month.  And remember, you don't have to do every day and you can back track.  I think these challenges are a great way to kickstart your creativity and get your mojo flowing!

No comments: