Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 4


"Be captivating in crystal and get inspired by your favorite Swarovski color or effect!"  That was the prompt for Day Four of the month-long creative challenge hosted by Fusion Beads.  While I have a lot of favorite colors, I decided to rewind to 2013 and bust out the (then) Pantone Color of the Year.  I got my emerald Swarovski crystals out and stitched together this pair of earrings using the tiny 2mm faceted round crystals and 4mm bicones.  I also used a larger Palace Green Opal bicone strung on a headpin to connect to the earwires.

The challenge has just started, so there's plenty of time to play along!  I try to participate every year and always have fun making things.  Even though you can pick and choose what prompts you want to tackle, I like to do the entire month.  It's not always easy, but that's part of the magic of this bead challenge.  The tight timeline is like a beady pressure cooker and it forces you to get those creative juices really flowing nice and good.  CLICK HERE to check out the calendar for the entire month.

No comments: