Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Road to Asheville...

It's been awhile since I've driven any long stretches.  I used to drive all the time for trade shows and I didn't think anything of going from Florida to New York or driving across the country.  Now that I've been conditioned for the relatively short distance from home to work, it was much harder to get into rhythm of it.  Once I started getting more comfortable again, it became easier.

I snapped this picture at a convenience store in Virginia.  I was parked outside of their bright plastic sign, aglow with neon phosphorescence,  and moths were swarming all over it.  I love the markings, fuzzy body, and the pale pinks and blues.

It made me think of my own trip.  There are things that guide us, that draw us in.  In my case, it was the lure of family and friends and the beauties of the Gem Show.

Fortunately, even though there were walls of rain and heavy winds, I managed to make it here safely.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family and being back in Asheville.  It'll be good to see everyone!

No comments: