Friday, July 11, 2014

New Challenge Kit Sneak Peek...

Slated to debut in one week, the new Challenge Kit sizzles with a fiery blend of oranges, rosy reds, citrusy yellows, candy pinks, and cobalt blues.  It's tricky blending this many colors without it looking too garish or too Rainbow Brite.  The key was selecting a dominate color and sprinkling the others in to accentuate the main color and make it POP!  The inspiration for this blend was the blur of colorful lights, as seen from a carnival ride.  I remember as a small child going to the Fairgrounds and entering into a world of complete sensory overload... bombastic announcers, spinning amusement rides, xylophone cacophonies, buttery popcorn, cotton candy, globe lights, neon lights, flashing lights... Festival Lights.

4 comments:

Jeanne @ Gems By Jeanne Marie said...

I love this one. I'm supposed to skip a month to avoid stress. You're stressing me Andrew! :)

Andrew Thornton said...

If it makes any difference, it won't be "due" for two months. So really, it's like skipping a month.

Alice said...

Ohhh this one looks like fun! It might be our time zone difference but I can't seem to get one of these kits.

Sarajo Wentling said...

I'm intrigued... I haven't played along since the first one you did a couple of years ago but I might have to try again. :)