Monday, January 14, 2013

The Other Side of Morning...

I've been lucky lately.  "Lucky" in the sense that I've been on a creative roll and have been making lots of beautiful things.  Sometimes things are easier than others.  Sometimes it feels like you're ramming your head against a creative wall and have to struggle for even simple projects to come together.  This just happens to be one of those easy times, where things seem to work out and fall into place.

The one conundrum is not having enough time.  I find myself staying up later than I should, sometimes finding myself on the other side of dawn... still awake and still making things.

As a reward for my efforts, sometimes there's the most amazing sunrises ever.  Everything becomes awash in an unnatural red and the shadows become deep purples.  The purples are so dark, they almost look black – an inky lettering across the sky, spiderwebbed and crawling upward.

Part of me holds my breath, hoping that these creative times continue.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ups and downs of creativity do really have their rewards!

Unknown said...

I wonder if we all kind of work that way some times. When I'm on a roll I can't help myself - it's a little like being possessed. Excited to see what you've done.

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

That is a lovely photo!