Friday, January 11, 2013

New Additions...

I have been meaning to update the online shop with the new products for several days now.  Sometimes I get so busy with everything else that there just isn't time enough to upload the pictures and post them online.  Luckily, I was able to carve a few minutes from my schedule and work on adding the new pieces.

The Black Beach Bonfire Mix was really successful and I wanted to do more mixes that were comprised of the same size of bead.  Instead of working with an array of textures, sizes and shapes, the challenge becomes one more geared towards color and finish only.  This new mix is called, "The First Day".  It's named after the Edward Burne-Jones painting (of the same name), which served as the inspiration for the color palette.  It's a blend of pale purples, pinks, grays, and a sprinkling of golds and coppers.  CLICK HERE to find out more about this mix.
I remember the first time that I saw a Van Gogh painting.  Even though it was a bent and battered laminated poster hung in an elementary school, I thought it was alive and that the brushstrokes were moving.  This mix, with the bright yellows, blues and greens attempts to capture that same spark of energy in his iris painting.  CLICK HERE to find out more about this mix.


A few years ago, I made these headpins.  You can read about them when I made them by CLICKING HERE.  I recently unearthed them.  While I still love them, I've sort of emotionally moved past the headspace I was in when they were originally created and was half tempted to send them off to the refinery.  Instead of melting them down, I decided to list them first and see if anyone else was interested in them.  I broke them down into small lots and if you're interested, you can find out more about them by CLICKING HERE.

One of the biggest sellers in my personal shop were these black skull beads carved from water-buffalo horn.  I found them in a dusty tent in Tucson during the Gem Shows, never to be found again.  They're so detailed that one customer who got them tricked her son and told him and his friends that they were the petrified skulls of faerie folk... AND they believed her!  I found a small bag of them and decided to list them again.  I only listed three, as I am keeping a few for myself.  You can find them HERE, HERE, and HERE.

And don't forget!  If you like something, there's a little Facebook "Like" button underneath each of the listings.  When you "like" something (even if you don't get it or it has already sold) , it lets us know the things that you're interested in seeing and we can offer more!  It's just one of the ways that we tailor our online store for our customers and supporters of the store.

No comments: