Saturday, August 12, 2006

Illustration Friday: Play



In dealing with this week's theme, I tried to come at it from several different points of view. I visualized play as the noun, such as in a theater production. I also wanted to illustrate the verb of playing. On a lesser note, I wanted to find a way to translate, playing a game and pushing play to start the movie.

It was interesting working on this theme, because I tried to play a little myself. A lot of the drawings are more cartoonish and more childish. I used crayons and colored pencils to go back to my roots.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a lot.

Willie Baronet said...

Nice one!

Anonymous said...

yes, you definitely have lots here to ponder. I really like the theatre framing of the piece...actually made me think of that one talent show that's going on nbc right now.

carla said...

You really did get everything into this! It has a fun, circus-like, and somewhat surreal feeling to it. Overall, though, it shows fun...even the both masks are laughing! I love the sign in French.

PittrPattr said...

i like the playbutton symbol on his shirt. i'd wear that hehe

Robert McLaughlin said...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the comment to my post. Of course I followed the link to check out your work. It's very nice and works on several levels. First. it's simply visually appealing.

Unknown said...

cool illo!

Jana Bouc said...

Fun illo and I'm glad you explained your thought process too. Nice to know you played a little in doing the drawing. ALso nice that you did the drawing for IF--so many people just pick something from their past work. I really appreciate seeing something done in response to the cue with some thought put it into.

mcaplan said...

This is awesome! Love it! It made me giggle!

Judy Scott said...

this is fabulous, fun, and very playful. Thanks so much for stopping by, Judy x

Aku said...

nice interpret!

Raymond's Brain said...

Your work on play is inspiring.