Friday, August 18, 2006

Determined to be Happy...



Sheila got back from her meditation retreat today. It sounds so relaxing and so very insightful. Maybe I'll go next time when I'm not working. Later, she was checking her horoscope and read mine to me. I think it is almost disturbingly apt. Here's what it said:

Novelist Jeanette Winterson told a TV interviewer about her mother's strongest belief: "You can be happy, or else you can be like normal people." This idea applies to you right now, Libra--maybe more than you realize. From what I can tell, you're at a crossroads in your relationship with happiness. You could go either way, and it's mostly up to you: Will you tame your urges for wild joy, repress your instincts to follow your lyrically crazy heart, and surrender to the dull insanity of the maddening crowd? Or would you prefer the scarier, more eccentric and action-packed route that will constantly push you to enlarge your capacity to feel good?

1 comment:

Paul Tuller said...

ooo neat! My sister went to a meditation retreat a few yers ago, sounded great! That's an awesome horoscope for us all to live up to - i havn't read mine in a while but my roomate at Pratt this summer read it to me everyday haha.