Thursday, April 07, 2016

Deep Roots...

I've been thinking a lot about community lately.  In particular, I've been thinking about my deep affection for the community of makers and dreamers that I belong to.  We are a tribe of creative thinkers and explorers of the heart and mind.  I feel so blessed to call these artists my peers, my colleagues, my friends, my family.  I was moved to make something to show that love.

In creating the design, I thought of another design that I made a few years ago.  I called it the Love Grows Pendant and it is probably one of my favorites.  CLICK HERE to take a look and to read about it.  (After you read the inspiration, you'll know why!  By the way, the plant is still going strong and loves its new perch in our new home!)  While the motif is similar, this new piece shows a different aspect of the same idea – deep roots, the stars that guide and protect, and the branches flourishing.  The artists that I respect and admire all have deep roots.  Their work grows from a special place that is uniquely their own.  If you look at their careers, you can trace the evolution of their work and see how tiny seeds have developed into healthy, abundant cosmologies.

If you're curious to learn more about the Deep Roots Bronze Coin Pendant, CLICK HERE.  You can also purchase it for a limited time.  I've made a (literal) handful of coins and they make the most delightful sounds as they clink together.  I'm contemplating keeping this a limited edition and once they sell out, not making more.   So, if you're interested in calling one your very own, make sure to claim one for yourself.

1 comment:

said...

Es un colgante precioso.