Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Limited Edition Pre-Order...

Before I left for Tucson, I made a couple of different prototypes for pieces.  I had originally wanted to place them for order before I left for the desert, but just didn't have enough time.  A friend of mine suggested that I put them up for pre-sale!  There are three new designs:  Freedom, Love Grows, and Waiting for Spring.

I had made this link a few weeks ago, but didn't quite like the hole placement in the original.  So I moved the holes and am really happy with the results.  I think it might be nice to add a dob of colored resin to the heart cavity or some colored two-part resin clay.  I like the idea that there's a freedom to fill it with what you want or don't want.  And I like that the bird is not afraid to fly.

A friend of mine gave me a potted plant when I started seeing my partner.  It was a tiny thing in a tiny pot – just a few leaves in a yogurt cup.  Over the years, the plant has flourished along with our love.  The roots have grown deep... so deep that they've needed to be repotted at times.  Those tiny things have grown into trailing vines, healthy and very much alive.  That was the inspiration for this piece.  That love grows and if you let it... it'll flower.

Before I left for Tucson, I looked out on the landscape and took note of the barren branches.  Normally it makes me a little blue, but this time it didn't. Instead, I felt an overwhelming sense of potential.  It was a building and budding energy, waiting to explode with spring!

All three of the pendants are available for pre-order.  Since I'm still away, I won't be able to finish and ship them off until I return home.  Each particular style is limited to twenty designs and once they're sold out... they're sold out for good!  CLICK HERE for the "Freedom Pendant", CLICK HERE for the "Love Grows Pendant", and CLICK HERE for the "Waiting for Spring Pendant".  Ordering these pieces now will help me get more money to purchase supplies and goodies while here in Tucson, which I would be very grateful for!

6 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Andrew, they are all wonderful new designs and I love the stories that go with them. I am particularly taken with the love grows story and pendant.

Sharon Driscoll said...

My favorite is also the heart tree. Incredible and fresh as always, Andrew.

Cyndi J said...

I love the inspiration story behind the love grows pendant. Well, plus the pendant itself is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What Great images! Love the story of the heart tree. Very cool!

ChristinaMarieH said...

I love reading about your creative process...it's so inspiring!

I could not live without the freedom pendant or the love grows pendant so I ordered both. I can't wait to create with them!

said...

Una gran obra de arte.
Felicidades por tu gran trabajo.
Me gusta mucho.