Sunday, November 01, 2015

Spirit Walk Challenge...

I hadn't planned on creating another kit so soon after the last.  (I actually had thought that I might take a break for a little bit.)  I was at the shop late one night and before I knew it, I had gathered together a lovely mix of purples, violet, and lilac.  It was almost like my hands were on autopilot.  Thusly, the Spirit Walk Challenge was born.

After I looked at the calendar, I realized that it wasn't so far off from when I was supposed to debut another kit.  So perhaps this was the Universe guiding me to keep going?

If you aren't familiar with the kits, they're a really informal and fun way to test your creativity by working with a selection of components that I handpicked.  

To participate, you must purchase a Design Kit. This kit features a selection of premium Czech glass (both new and vintage), vintage lucite, vintage acrylic, waxed Irish linen, manik-manik Indonesian glass, vintage seed beads, amethyst, recycled sari silk ribbon, dyed pyrite and a Luxury Bead Blend.

The Luxury Bead Blend consists of Japanese Miyuki seed beads, Toho seed beads, Japanese Matsuno seed beads, vintage Czech seed beads, vintage French seed beads, freshwater pearls, Czech glass (both old and new), amethyst, fluorite, stone, vintage sequins, vintage plastic, Swarovski crystals, vintage Japanese glass, and vintage lucite.

Each kit will come with a special handmade component that will remain a mystery until it arrives at your door! It may be more than one piece!

The mystery component(s) will be publicly revealed on Monday, December 28th, 2015!

For the past few challenges, I've been basing my kits off of gemstone inspirations.  Earlier this year, I created the Amethyst Aether Special Challenge and while there was a lot of amethyst in it, the kit was more inspired by Steampunk.  This kit started with a strand of faceted amethyst rondelles.  I started mixing and matching things, pulling strands of purple glass and darkly dyed pyrite.  Before I knew it, I had made the beginnings of a kit.  The funny thing is that the color purple is often associated with the spirit and the mind, of dreams and mystery, and the subconscious.  So it was apt that the components sort of came together on their own, as I hadn't really intentionally set out to put together a new kit.

With your kit, using as much or as little of it as you like, create a piece that showcases your creativity, individuality, and artistic expression!  Ideally you'll pull from the components in the kit and spotlight them, but feel free to use beads from your own stash to supplement the offered selection. Whether you use a little or a lot of the kit, make sure you keep your project secret until the reveal date!

The Reveal Date for this challenge is: Thursday, January 7th, 2016!

Post a picture on your blog or send one to me to post on your behalf (if you don't have a blog of your own). The Spirit Walk Challenge will end in a blog hop, sharing all the lovely things created with your kit with your fellow participants.

There are only 20 Design Kits available (with one set aside for me)! Once we receive your order, we will process your kit and send it out within seven Allegory Gallery business days. Hurry! Supplies are limited and are on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis! (Sorry, no exceptions!)

I also wanted to mention that all the Design Kits will be shipped with Priority mail. This can take anywhere from one business day to ten. For international orders, it may take longer! If you know that it take a long time to reach your destination (from Southwestern Pennsylvania) please place your orders early! I will do my best to get your kit out as early as possible, but unfortunately I can't be held responsible if it arrives late due to the postal service.

All sales of the Design Kits are final and there are no returns or exchanges. Sorry!

With all that being said... we really hope you'll enjoy working with the kit and have a ball playing with it! We can't wait to see what you make!

CLICK HERE to get your Design Kit!

1 comment:

lamplight crafts said...

My kit arrived! Beautiful selection of beads. Can't wait to get started.