Thursday, February 28, 2013

Vote NOW...

The voting for the Nina Designs Earring Design Challenge has started!  CLICK HERE to go the Facebook page to place your vote.

Check out my fellow Blog Partners who participated in the challenge:

Lori Anderson
Carmi Cimicata
Tracy Statler

They all did a wonderful job and created really beautiful pieces!

For my design, I prowled through the secret stash and found the beautiful, faceted, labradorite teardrop briolettes.  I thought that their shape matched the sterling silver large pointed teardrop links almost as if they were made for them.  The teardrop links frame the labradorites perfectly!  I didn't want to leave the links plain though and embellished them by wiring on nuggets of pyrite.  I used a gold-toned wire as a pop of contrast and to give the earrings a little bit of warmth.  The pyrite marries the brassy gold color of the wire and the cool silver of the teardrop loop.  I wanted to soften the look a little and add an extra dangly component to give them some playful movement, so I created a wire-wrapped link (strung up with a tiny faceted labradorite) and attached the floral sterling silver jewelry link.  From that link, I created a wire-wrapped dangle with more faceted labradorites.  These components were all hung from sterling silver contemporary marquis-shaped earwires.

I think that my earrings turned out really nice!  They're modern, but with a few Baroque flourishes.  They've got amazing movement and the labradorites create lovely points of light.

Even though I can appreciate the competition, I hope you vote for me! I really want to win.  I love working with Nina Design components and a $100 store credit would score me a lot of beautiful treasures to work with!  So vote for me!  CLICK HERE to cast your vote... which I hope is for me!

No comments: