Thursday, January 07, 2010

Golden Cloud Bracelet...

With everything that has been going on, I really haven't had much time to sit down and really make anything. I feel a little bit frazzled by this. I am my most happiest when I am making things. Luckily, I have been able to squeeze in a few happy moments and made a fabulous bracelet in the process!

What pulls this together is no doubt the dichroic glass focal! I adore dichroic glass. It's like I dipped my hands in the heavens and pulled down a chunk.

To accompany the dichroic glass, I've added various types of chain from Ornamentea, platinum-colored Swarovski crystal pearls from Artbeads.com, and a bird toggle from my family at Green Girl Studios. Although extremely rare, I have been lucky enough to procure some dichroic glass for my shop. CLICK HERE to check them out.

The bracelet totally developed from the Golden Cloud bead. Beads in the Golden Cloud series have sparkling silver cores, with swashes of water-like blues. Subtle hints of iridescent gold can also be found.

Above are a couple of different angles I arranged the bracelet in. I think the different shots give one an idea of just how luminous and magical the dichroic glass are.

9 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love your reference of dipping your hands in the heavens.
Just the use of chain in the bracelet is perfect because the beads are so lovely on their own.

I'm smitten by the red one. I went all of 2009 without buying any new beads of any kind. It was hard, but I did it. I promised myself the same this year until I use what I have. But that damn red bead is calling my name.

Andrew Thornton said...

Garnet Red Small Basha Bead says, "Jeannnnnnie!"

Unknown said...

OMG Andrew, Basha Beads! I can not resist. Just bought 3 ( @ a great price!) I'll show you what I make with them when I see you at bead and button.
Thanks Andrew!

Jeannie said...

Ha Funny Andrew!

Michelle said...

Ok. I couldn't resist. Bought the garnet and the silvery green. Can't wait to get them and create something with them.
Thanks for listing them.
Bead Happy!
Michelle

ChatElaine said...

What a lovely bracelet, the beads are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Cyndi L said...

What fabulous beads, Andrew! Great design too :-)

Tammy said...

Love the asymmetrical designs!

Barbara said...

Thank You! Andrew and also everyone else who said such lovely things about my beads. I just can't tell you how warm my heart feels at this moment. I am so grateful. Basha