Wednesday, January 02, 2008

All Things Are Labor: Stories...

My friend, Katherine Arnoldi will be having a reading from her new book, All Things Are Labor: Stories, Wednesday, January 9th at 7 PM at KGB Bar. KGB Bar, if you're not familiar with it, is located at 85 East 4th Street, between 2nd Avenue and Bowery on the second floor. Katherine is a very talented author who also penned the very moving graphic novel, The Amazing True Story of a Teenage Single Mom. I can't wait to get a copy of her latest project.

4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

wow, she is so cool!

Andrew Thornton said...

I think she's pretty cool. I met her one summer while I was volunteering at an organization called, Tribes. We were doing their first "Rummage Sale" to help fundraise. I helped organize getting restaurant sponsors and worked in the kitchen whipping things up for the guests. It was a lot of fun and we talked a lot about life and the ups and downs that go with it.

Sunrise TheSea said...

You know what FL lacks? or at least what people I surround myself with in FL lack? Creativity. Minus the bookstore people, I have zero published friends or great chefs or true artists. It's sad sortof.

Andrew Thornton said...

You'd be surprised with how many wonderful creative people are still back in Florida. I think it's all a matter of where you look. Get involved with the museum or with one of the art studios there... and you'll find your true artists. Venture out to the foodie's restaurants and perhaps you'll stumble across a chef or two, enjoying not having to cook for themselves. Or, volunteer or get involved with a writing group. You'll find wonderful people all over the place.