Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Art Bead Scene: Let Them Eat Cake...

This is my submission for the Art Bead Scene June Challenge: Let Them Eat Cake! I really challenged myself to work outside of my comfort zone and utilize a color-palette that I rarely use. I also wanted to combine a lot of different textures and materials, like tumbled glass, candy-like borosilicate, sparkling Swarovski crystals, luminous shell and pearls, funky vintage lucite, and cool silver. I got all my crystals from Fusion Beads, my stones from Talisman Associates Inc., the silver chain from Saki Silver, the shell pendant from Lillypilly Designs, the borosilicate beads by Bobby Rhodes of Family Glass, the silver clasp from Green Girl Studios and the vintage lucite from Pudgy Beads. This piece was inspired by the Marie Antoinette movie by Sofia Coppola.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew!
Thanks so for answering my Q on Cynthias blog. The merboy pendant I had said was heavy and I do know I need to balance out the weight. I do know somewhat how to make necklaces (took some classess) but never use hard wire. What Im getting at is I see Cynthias some of the necklaces in her gallery have "rattail" and "cording" now is the wire.. put thru the cording? I just always string my jewellry with stainless steel fine wire not hard wire. I need to know how exactly to put my necklace together with the pcs Ive gotten from them. (yes I can think lol) Oh btw my Grandparents were from Brooklyn Bay Ridge I have many fine memories from there! I remember Sunset park is that place still nice? I am in Hot awful TX now is why I call my home "Singing woods" its surrounded by trees and climbing roses...mentally its my getaway! "Let them eat cake" is lovely...you are quite talented! Please give me some road signs how to do this necklace?! help!?
Cheers,
Janet x

Lori Greenberg said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks for entering and good luck!

Cindy said...

So elegant! Nicely done, and fits the theme very well. I'm not a big fan of pink, but that also depends on the shade and how it's used. This one is growing on me ;-). I like the Lillypilly donut, I saw that in your stash from B&B and it caught my attention. It's nice that you balanced the pinks with the silver and frosty whites. I'm curious as to how it would look on a different color background, or on the body.

Good luck with it!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

i AM CRAZY FIR PINK whoops, as you can see!

love your designs below, as well!