Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Peaches and Dreams...


It's funny how time seems to just slip away from me every now and then.

I thought that I could lay down for two hours and then get back up, but my body protested. As soon as I got up, I got a splitting headache and my eyes started to burn. The only thing for me to do was lay back down and rest a little longer. While I was dreaming, Sheila and Cynthia went to the Farmer's Market and picked up some peaches.

You can check out the Farmer's Market website here:
http://www.ncagr.com/markets/facilit/farmark/ashevill/promo.htm

When I woke up, I was in peach heaven. They're so ripe that we're going to have to use them right away!

I finally fired the PMC pieces that I made for the Swarovski competition. It's a little frustrating, because I know the finish that I wanted, but I could only get it on one piece. Instead of gold plating or using gold PMC, I was going to patina the metal with liver of sulfur to make it a shimmery gold. I've done it before. This time, however was different and instead of a sparkly light gold, they're more of a dark copper color. I'm going to have to work that into the design somehow.

Right now I'm just busy trying to get everything that I've started settled.

No comments: