Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finally Finished...





I ended up bringing the Swarovski piece with me to New York to finish up. I only had a little bit of wire-wrapping left. I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Here is what I wrote about it:
This design was created to explore the different qualities of the Swarovski crystals incorporated as well as make a statement about modern femininity. I've used gold-filled and copper wire in funky wire wraps, to juxtapose the clean precision of the crystal cuts, as well as hand-crafted pmc to emphasize the prestine structure of the Swarovski cut crystals. Flowers were once seen as symbols of womanly nature. I've used bold colors and an unconventional design to give a fiery feeling -
expressing in crystal a mantra of empowerment. The copper chain used in this design liberates the crystals and provides both movement and contrast, instead of holding down or subjugating. This design was made for the modern woman, who appreciates both beauty and boldness.

In any event, the piece is finally finished and I've sent off the registration. Hopefully I'll win. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

claudine hellmuth said...

looks beautiful!!!