Monday, July 17, 2006

Cycle...

All this inspiration has meant that I haven't been sleeping very much. I didn't go to bed until a little after noon. I wanted to finish up the PMC pieces that I am sculpting for my Swarovski competition piece. The deadline is coming up shortly and I've been trying to work on that in addition to my other projects. I've been having problems with dealing with the "BLING BLING" factor of the Swarovskis. I'm not opposed to things that sparkle and shine, but making a design that utilizes 80% is a bit tough. I want to create a unique piece that emphasises the qualities of the Swarovskis by juxaposing them with other materials, but still falling well within the guidelines. Goodness knows that winning this competition would be a blessing. I think the PMC pieces will add just what it needs.

Pictures of the finished project will be added once it too is completed.

After a few hours of sleep, I got up and talked with Sheila. She is moving with me to New York and we will be sharing an apartment. It shall be interesting to see how that will work out. I am both nervous and excited about going back. I have hope that everything will work out for the best. I must confess that I had my reservations about living with Sheila when talking with her when she was in India. She was dating someone who I think was very unhealthy for her and it really affected her. Now, since she is not seeing him any longer, I think she has come back around to herself a little more. I am happy that she'll be going with me.

2 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

andrew
so glad you have a blog! thanks for the advice on the clothes/ I'll check out the links!! yay!
xxxox

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Claudine,

Blogging so far has been pretty fun! However, it's forcing me to brush up on my now defunct knowledge html code.

Hopefully the advice was helpful! I think I spend way too much time with stylists and fashion designers.

By the way, Sheila and I are hooked on Project Runway now. Courtesy of Bravo and their marathon mind-set, we were able to catch the last two seasons! Can't wait to see what develops in the latest season.

Simplicity Always,
Andrew