Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge Reveal 3...

Once I started making things inspired by Game of Thrones, I couldn't stop!  I decided to make another piece for the Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge that Heather Powers of HumbleBeads has arranged.

One of the quotes that stood out for me was, "Dark wings, dark words."  Black-colored birds actually reoccur often, as they use trained ravens as a mode of communication.  Bran Stark also has visions of the three-eyed raven that leads him beyond the Wall.

The Night's Watch, who patrol the Wall and protect the realm from Wildlings and creatures from the far North, wear all black.  This leads to the  Free Folk (aka Wildlings) to refer to them as "Crows".

Needless to say, I wanted to make something that referenced these birds.

I just acquired some carved bone feathers that were dyed black.  I knew they'd be perfect for a pair of earrings!  I attached them at different lengths to a chain with gunmetal jump rings.  I added the embellished lengths of chains to sterling silver earwires.  They have great movement and an almost musical quality.  They rustle together and really remind me of feathers.

To see the other creations made for the Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge, stop by Heather's blog by CLICKING HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those!

Unknown said...

Love those!