Sunday, November 07, 2010

Kitty Comfort...

I've been a bit under the weather these past few days. It's not cancer related, just a bug. It's nothing too serious. Just a touch of fever, soreness, and being tired. Tired. Tired. Tired. I'm beginning to forget what it was like not to be tired. The worst part of this bug is that it has inflamed my tooth again. It's painful. It feels as though there's a spiderweb of hurt plastered to my jaw. But I've been keeping a hot compress on it and that seems to help.

The cats have been worried about me and have been extra affectionate lately. When I go to bed, I'm often piled with little warm bodies. Their purring lulls me to sleep. For the most part, I enjoy that they are being so loving. Occasionally though their warmth becomes uncomfortable or Paulo's heft on my throat restricts air and I'm forced to kick them off the bed. Of course, they jump right back up, but usually sense that something is amiss and wrap themselves around my feet to keep them warm.

I don't know what I'd do without my cats. I feel as though I've had them forever. They are a constant source of companionship. They make me laugh when I am sad. They keep me warm when I am cold. They talk to me in their kitty language when I'm lonely. They are my comfort.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely:)

one-eared pig said...

What cute kitties! Furbabies are the best. Sorry you're under the weather.

rosebud101 said...

Your kitties are adorable!

Create With Joy said...

I so know what you mean! I have also been dealing with exhaustion the past few days and my cats have also been my constant companion. When I have crawled into bed for extra rest, they have been right there beside me, and have either slept by my side - by my head - or guarded the foot of my bed while I rested. This is particularly comforting to me when I am home alone - I truly feel like I have two fur angels watching over me!

I'm glad you have your cats there to comfort you during this time. I'm also glad that so many friends in the art community are rallying around to help you - it is good so see so much kindness and love put in action.

I have some great photos of my boys, Legend and Tsunami, posted if you need a pick me up.

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

ClickNCamera said...

When I'm under the weather, I call my cats, Dr. Kitties, as they do their best to comfort me. Your cats are gorgeous! Take care!

Spirited Earth said...

sorry to hear you are not feeing well..
the photos of the cats are charming.

Courtney Breul said...

Kittie loves! Nothing like it.

Zoe Nelson said...

I lost my beloved Cinder just a little while ago and exactly one week later a lovely calico showed up at my house. I'm fostering her to see if we can find her family, but if we don't, then she can stay. They just seem to know what we need. I blogged about it here: www.zoenelsonartwear.blogspot.com

My Life Under the Bus said...

This made me laugh! When I first got married I had a few cats I brought to the marriage. One in particular enjoyed sleeping wrapped around my head. I remember waking up dripping in sweat numerous times during the night! The best part was he would sleep with his butt end facing my husband! LOL - Cats have such a great sense of humor!

Holly said...

These four-legged babies are just the ticket, aren't they? There's nothing like a warm-lump of kitty-love when you need it! Feel better.

Heidi Post said...

Such gorgeous kitties!

sasha + max studio said...

what sweet little guys they are. Kitties are the best company when you're feeling a bit out of sorts - they know to give extra love Couldn't be without mine! Take care.