Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Hubris...

My horoscope said that this week would be unproductive. I asked myself, do I dare commit the mortal sin of hubris and defy the will of the gods? Or do I give up?

I decided to go against the prediction and work like a fiend. In one day, I think I've accomplished more than I have in a week's time. I did six loads of laundry (folding each one), planted a window box of marigolds, went for a short hike, vacuumed the carpets, sorted through bills, almost finished an art project, updated my shop, hung paintings on the walls, sorted through the chaos that was the clutter on top of the bookshelf, washed dishes, bagged the garbage, swept the porch, caught up on my email, packed some orders place during the Memorial Day Sale, and unpacked some boxes that have been taped up from the move seven months ago. I'm sure there were other small tasks done as well, like weeding some of my planters and refilling the bird feeders and taking care of the cats. I would have done even more if the printer and scanner weren't being defiant.

Needless to say, I'm pretty wore out, but I'm excited with the progress I made. I still have mountains of work to do, but I'm hopeful that I can hack my way through it... even if this does go against what some astrologer said.

7 comments:

Silverlight said...

Wow, that is a busy day indeed. No wonder you're worn out. Good on you, Andrew!

Nicki said...

Hey my friend, can you come by my house and have another hubris-weekend?

Jeannie said...

I'm glad I was sitting down when I read this. Whewwww! Tornado Thornton!

Courtney Breul said...

Sounds like an amazingly productive day! Love that.

Unknown said...

Funny how those star readers just don't have a clue! I tired after reading. I need a nap :)

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

I think I need to celebrate your day of "hubris" with a glass of wine. You don't do windows, do you?Go Andrew!

Andrew Thornton said...

I don't think I'm up for this kind of activity every day. I was cranky today! Maybe if I could do it every other day...