Monday, November 23, 2009

Black Smoke...

I am finally back from my travels... at least for a few days. I got to spend a lot of time chatting with some really excellent customers at the Williamsburg show. That's one of the perks of doing the trade shows. I get to meet people all across the country involved in a truly creative community. I am lucky to hear stories and share some of my own. It's true that being on the road, traveling from coast to coast can be disorienting and really hard, but I think the benefits out weigh the cons.

For a few days I'll be home and continue nesting. The process of settling in has been interrupted, but hopefully I'll be able to get a little bit more done before I head out to Asheville in a few days for Thanksgiving. I'm excited to see my new baby nephew! I can't wait to meet him and pinch his big cheeks and kiss on his little starfish hands.

I was on my way back from the bank (I had to get a new checking account at a bank that's not over 100 miles away), and out from the tape deck came black smoke and the smell of plastic. Luckily I was quick enough to eject the adaptor before it caught on fire while I was driving down the road. I am guessing that the adaptor and the older car stereo were a bad combination and created some kind of excessive friction. It must have been a glitch, because once the smoke cleared, I tried it again and it seemed to work fine. This is good. Traveling without my books on tape and music would definitely not be as fun.

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

I hate traveling, but I envy people who.

My blender blew up and started on fire this week.

Glad you're home safe and get some rest.

Susan Marling said...

Andrew it was really great to get to meet and talk with you in Williamsburg. You are so interesting and incredibly talented. I felt very special when you shared the prototype (that's not the right word)of your sister's book-it was like looking into someone's soul. Hope your trip home was uneventful and you get to rest a few days. Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy the time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
Have safe travels to your sisters and a very happy Thanksgiving.

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Black smoke? and you tried it again????

Guys!

argh!

Happy Thanksiving, Andrew!

xox jean!