Thursday, June 11, 2009

Internal Landscapes...

It has been chilly and foggy here with a consistent drizzle. Grey. Grey. Grey. My thoughts have been focused inward, towards internal landscapes. I'm not ready for the world outside just yet. I'm not ready for the day to day routines. I'm not ready for real life... not yet.

Instead I'll go somewhere warm and breezy, a place where it is day, but the light of a hundred thousand stars can still be seen. Brightly colored silk banners will wave in the winds, while a chorus of birds sing sweetly in time with wind-chimes and whistles. The treetops will be laden with candlelit lanterns and the air will be hung heavily with scent of roses, amber, sugar cookies and honey. All of the plants would be in some way in bloom or bearing, but the word "allergies" would be unknown and foreign. You'll find me there, wandering the sandy trails in search of seed-pods and seashells. I won't be alone, at least not always. I'll be there, in the shade of a tree sipping sweet tea with my friends and family, plotting and planning, feasting and enjoying the making of things.

5 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Can I come? I promise to be quiet.

nina said...

me too. sending love - xo

Joan Tucker said...

Andrew, this week we took the "maiden" voyage in Ole Grrl our new old RV. To Pacific Beach on the Pacific Coast.
Kites were flying in the strong winds, sun was shining, no pollen dared to enter our camp site!!! Gulls were tap dancing on our roof.
Go there in spirit for a refreshing, peaceful, head clearing retreat. Hope your weather improves soon. Joan T and Lana

Gaea said...

Sounds FAN-TASTIC!

jeweledrabbit said...

What a beautiful post.