Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Night of Openings...

After finishing up a couple pressing deadlines, I met up with Kathy Callahan to hit up some art openings.  I've been out of the loop and all of buzzing and activity in Chelsea, needless to say, caused me to have a bit of anxiety.  There were dozens of openings and hundreds of people roving the streets.  Luckily we ran into a familiar face, Heejo Kim of Blank Space Gallery.  She helped put on the Lie Sang Bong show featuring his avant garde fashions.  Kathy and I proceeded with our dizzying trek through crowded galleries, until we made our way out to East Williamsburg to catch the Social (Virus) show at Nurture Art.  It was an interesting cross-section of more established artists and high school students dealing with gossip in the technological age.

2 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Sound like a wonderful evening out. Is that Lie Sang Bong's work there in the background. Amazing stuff.

Andrew Thornton said...

That's one of the pieces, yes. I loved how all the different looks included shoes as well. I've arranged to take more detailed pictures at the gallery when there isn't a crowded opening happening.