Thursday, May 07, 2009

Dead and Gone...

I just finished up reading the latest installment of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris entitled, Dead and Gone.  This was a very satisfying read.  Not just because I am enamored with Sookie's Southern sass, but because many of the loose ends were tidied up and several of the unanswered questions were resolved.  What I love best about Charlaine's writing is that you really start caring for the characters; their pain is your pain, their joy is your joy.  I like dipping into this world.  It feels like I'm catching up with an old friend, albeit a friend who gets into all kinds of supernatural trouble!

4 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

I love these books. I can't wait to read this one. Especially now that you gave me this info...so many questions I can't wait to see answered! Once I read it then I will be waiting for this season of True Blood to come one. I don't watch much television but there are a few that I can't seem to resist and this is one of them. :-)

Andrew Thornton said...

I can't wait for the new season of True Blood either. I wonder how closely they'll be able to follow the books. I love the Sookie books. Perhaps I can sympathize with her on a lot of different fronts. Not because I'm a telepath or a hot blonde, but because I know what it's like to work your butt off and being a waiter and I know what it's like to enjoy the simple pleasures like sunbathing. I like that she seems real and is a little bit sassy.

Cynthia Thornton said...

I loved this book! But i found it too short and wanted more. I hope she's working on another one, with some travel.

Andrew Thornton said...

Me too! I like that she's with who she's with now. I won't say who exactly, even though I know you've read it, but for the sake of anyone out there who hasn't.

I wanted more too. And I wanted more in the world of Faery. That would have been cool. Different for Charlaine, but I think she could pull it off.

I heard that she's working on a new one. So that's good! There's a lot more that they can build on and she totally opened it up.