Monday, February 09, 2009

1,111...

Tonight is the last night that I'll be in Tucson. We're leaving in the morning to return to North Carolina and drive across country.

I am a little sad about it. It's true that there are a lot of things that I miss and am looking forward to getting back to, but the desert is in my heart. It's in my heart and it just so happens that many of my good friends convene upon it a handful of times a year. I get to see some of the most creative and brilliant people I know. I am moved by their beauty and their ideas and the things that they make. I am moved by them.

The 1,111th post that I've made on this blog is devoted and dedicated to Tucson and the time that I've just spent in it. I've had such a delightful time.

Our experience would not have come together either if it weren't for the Fusion Girls, the folks at Interweave Press and Kalmbach Publishing, the fine folks at Softflex and Beadalon, all of the other vendors, and especially all of the customers who came out to see me at the shows. I had a most excellent time connecting with new faces and old ones. You all were great!

10 comments:

FunkyMonkey Girls said...

I sure hope that you missed the snow!!! I am still pinching myself! Snow in Tucson! Have a safe trip home & it was wonderful meeting you in Tucson!

Stephanie said...

Have a safe trip home! I am sorry I was too scared to go out and see you and all the bead loveliness...

Anonymous said...

Andrew, having you, William and Greg here at the house was wonderful. We all miss you terribly and we wish that you would never leave. Come back again anytime, and soon.

You left your pillow behind and I'm hoping it really means that you are coming home tonight.

Marcia DeCoster said...

North Carolina? Really, I'm confused, I think you live in Brooklyn....I just moved home from a temporary year in North Carolina. They have no seed beads there, it was hard.

I did your drive in reverse, it was 35 hours, NC to CA in 2 1/2 days. Oh wait, maybe you're flying?

And I love my purple card with the flower headed 'person'
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you and wish I could have met William. Maybe you will send me a photo?? Can we please try for dinner one night if you go to B&B?? Talk to you soon, the Milk Maid...

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Funky Monkey Girls! It was nice meeting you all as well and I hope that you all had a lot of fun! Tucson is one of my favorite places, I've decided. I know a lot of people who dislike it strongly, but I'm smitten with a place that is magical enough to draw so many wonderful people to it once or twice a year.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Stephanie! You should have come out to say hello! I don't bite!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Kate McKinnon! I miss you all as well. It's good to be back, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss you all something terrible. I loved being a guest in your wonderful home and am so glad that we got to spend as much time together as we did. YOU'RE GREAT!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Marcia! Yes, I do live in Brooklyn, but I'm spend some time with the family here in Asheville, North Carolina. I'll be heading back more towards the end of the month. We still have a lot of things to finish up for her book.

We drove. It takes about 2 and 1/2 days if you drive straight. It took us 3 days because we stopped in Memphis and we also met with some nasty weather along the way.

I'm glad that you like the mandrake root card. We had fun making it!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Kelly! Yes, we do need to have dinner one of those nights. I will try to plan for it now so that we can make sure it happens! I miss you a bunch and hope all is well!