Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shibuichi from Green Girl Studios...

I am in LOVE with shibuichi. Shibuichi is a copper-silver alloy with a history that stretches back to ancient Japan. It was then used mostly for sword hilts. With the invention of the gun, the legacy of this wonderful alloy seemingly disappeared into the shadows of history. However, in recent years, there has been a resurgence of this dazzling material. The pieces above are from my family at Green Girl Studios. Aren't they wonderful?

Make sure to check them out in person at one of the three shows I'll be at in Tucson.

2 comments:

Gaea said...

Drool! They are fantastic! I wish I could be at this show!

Andrew Thornton said...

They are fantastic! I had a lot of fun at the show. I really loved being at the show and representing Green Girl Studios.