Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FaerieCon 2008...

I'm still pretty worn out after the show.  It seemed particularly long, but I had fun.  My favorite part was meeting so many wonderful people, especially the artists and authors I admire.  For instance, I got to spend lots of time with Holly and Theo Black.  They're really great people!  I also got to hang out with Charles Vess and Ari Berk and meet Toby Froud.

Azalea had lots of fun as well.  She really enjoyed running around with wings and a tutu.  I'm really happy that the show coordinators thought of the kids and had a section for them.  They had all kinds of activities, like face painting, wand making, and much more.  She had lots of friends and I kept seeing her dash by the booth with a new flower crown or a box of mice hand-puppet.

I don't know if we'll be coming back next year to vend, but perhaps we'll come down to see our friends and see all the interesting people dressed up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Am imagining what faeriecons like must be alot of fun...did yall go to any faerie balls? Your looking really nice with your antlers! You must really need a good winters nap now lol!
huggs
Janet x

Andrew Thornton said...

I'm the only one who went to both of the balls. The first one, the good faeries ball, Cynthia went also. It was a lot of fun - if not very tiring. Working all day and then trying to act like a rock star was exhausting.

I do think that I need a good nap.