Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Mornings...

This is a photo out my kitchen window looking out onto my Brooklyn vista. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a morning person, but I love Sunday mornings for some reason. They are so quiet and are decidedly my own. Before work, I brew a strong cup of tea (lapsang souchong this particular morning) and sit and look out the window. I look out at the house sparrows, the purple martins, the starlings, the seagulls, the pigeons, the turtledoves, the chickadees, and the larks. It's surprising how many different birds there are here. I watch all the birds going about their daily activities - building nests, swimming on the air, flitting over crumbs and worms. This quiet meditation, spent watching the wildlife in a metropolitan area is one of my favorite things.

No comments: