Sunday, March 02, 2008

Strangers Go By...



Today I worked at the Rockefeller Center location of my day job. Having lived here for some time now, I pretty much avoid the whole area at all costs. The crowds and the incredible volume of individuals who have no sense of their surroundings whatsoever gives me supreme headaches. I think that were people to think of walking in a big city like driving, there would be less collisions and people bumping into one another.

In any event, due to my distaste for the bustle of the more tourist-laden areas such as Midtown, it is easy to forget the simple pleasures found here. After I closed up for the evening, I found a quiet little corner and watched the people skating and moving out over the ice. It was relaxing just watching these strangers - twirling, twisting, falling, laughing, crying.

Braving the daunting crowds is definitely something that I wouldn't want to do on a daily basis, but for today it was nice. Today it was a treat to watch the masses of strangers go by.

No comments: