Friday, March 21, 2008

New Necklace...

This is one of the new pieces that I've been working on. It was done for one of my co-workers at my day-job. We sat down and did a design consultation. One of the first things I like to do is a Jungian series of questions that sheds light on a person's inner feelings about themselves, society, their sex life and the after-life. Yep... who knew a word game could be so revealing? Then I talk with them about their style, paying special attention to what they have already in their existing collection (making notes on color, shape, size, and lengths). To finish off the consultation, a quick sketch is done. Above is the end result.

5 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

stunning piece. I love the reds and orange colors together. And that's a great Lilly Pilly pendant! thanks for sharing!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thank you! In making this piece we discussed making something big and bold, but feminine. I think the vintage beads in combination with the floral print of the LillyPilly piece really give it a Flower Power sort of feel.

And thanks for looking!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I can tell fron the piece that the person is extremely sexual. and very complicated and secretive.

Andrew Thornton said...

I told her about your intuition about her from the piece. She just laughed and said, "How does she know me so well?!?!?!"

Lisa said...

That is an almighty sexy piece.

I love the colorway and the fluid feel of it.