Monday, October 01, 2007

New Daniel St. George Print...

I've been coveting this print by Daniel St. George for a while now. (Of course I would; it has unusual bunnies in it!) I love the juxtaposition of something sweet with a little bit of something scary. It reminds me of that line from Shakespeare's "Scottish Play": "Fair is foul and foul is fair..." After seeing a guide on collecting affordable prints on Design*Sponge this past summer, I checked out the Little Paper Plane which features prints by a bevy of artists. This is a great resource for people looking to expand their art collections without breaking the bank. The print arrived in the post today and is just exquisite with all its morbid gold ink details!

2 comments:

Sarah Ogren said...

This print is wonderful. Thank you for introducing me to Daniel's work!

Andrew Thornton said...

Isn't it amazing? He also has a deer one, a monkey one, and a rat one. I wouldn't mind picking up the deer one. Though I have a slight phobia of rats, so I don't think I'll be getting that one anytime soon.

I'm glad that I could spread the word and share his work. It's great!