Thursday, July 20, 2006

Summer Nights...


Lately, I've been on a very nocturnal schedule. I've always been more of a night person, but since I've been in North Carolina, I've tried to gear my habits more towards day. However, I haven't been able to sleep at nights lately. All I want to do is work when I lay down and it's dark outside. I think I started on this schedule because the studio gets ridiculously hot during the days and is only workable in at night. That and it's more quiet at night.

Last night, I worked on my Swarovski piece. I've been really struggling with it. Once I had the design I wanted, I realized that it was WAY TOO LONG. It may look nice on a design board, but on a person, it looks like a dangly crystal-encrusted chastity belt. So, I'm having to re-work it. Possibly as a multi-strand necklace.

It's providing a nice challenge. Each solution to the problems that arise makes it that much better and I think that eventually it'll get to a point where all the issues are resolved and will leave me with a beautiful necklace. I have to hurry up though, because I'm leaving for New York in a couple of days and won't be able to work on it there. I've also got the daunting task of preparing for the move and for arranging housing and what not while I'm there for my trip.

Undoubtedly, there are solutions to every problem and once solved... everything will be that much better.

2 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

Andrew

hey there! thanks for all your helpful comments on my blog. just wanted to let you know I added your blog link to my links on my blog. oh boy!!!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey, Claudine. I'm glad that my comments have been helpful! Thank you for adding me to your blog links! You're a peach!